I know what you’re thinking…’is it Garage Sale Season yet?’
2012 is going to be a big year all around! And although, it’s not quite Garage Sale season yet, we thought we would kick-off the New Year with a few tips to help you plan for the upcoming Garage Sale Season. We hope these tips provide you with a strategy to help you grow your business and help you generate the most revenue possible for 2012.
– LINE ‘EM UP: Line up your sponsor before their advertising dollars are accounted for! There is so much value for a sponsor to want to participate – from print, to online and mobile application presence, with premium advertising opportunities on each platform.
– BUILD IT: Start developing your ad packages now. Evaluate the success of your program in 2011 – what worked? What could be improved? Remember, you want to be THE destination for Garage Sales in your market. Do it by gaining critical mass. Ask yourself, are your ad packages inviting and a no-brainer for advertisers?
– ADD SOME FUN: Garage Sale-ing is a lot of work. We all love to have fun when we work. Create contests. Pick two “hot” Garage Sale months to get your readers involved. This is a good way to remind folks in your market to think of YOU when they want to hold or shop for Garage Sales.
– GET SOCIAL: Reach out to readers via social media one month prior to launch with an “It’s Back!” or “Coming Soon!” campaign. Build the excitement…they will gravitate to you.
– UPDATE YOUR MAP: Communicate any map/program changes you would like to make with your partners at Classified Concepts. General map updates are free to you and can make a world of a difference to your readers’ experience.
– BRING IN THE BIG GUNS: Schedule your complimentary one-on-one consultation with Client Services Manager, April Dauzat, for January. She will review your program then help refocus it with a list of fresh ideas and best practices that suit your goals. Contact: email@example.com, 805-699-7505.
“Our partnership with Classified Concepts is really a no-brainer. We achieve the ROI necessary to truly call this program a success. The mapping technology Classified Concepts offers is very diverse; available in print, online and mobile. Nobody else can provide an interactive experience for readers and advertisers like Classified Concepts can.”
–Michelle Ackerman, Director of Advertising. The Gazette, Colorado Springs, CO
“From concept to launch Classified Concepts helped the Billings Gazette create a powerful tool that the market now, cannot live without. Whether you search your Garage Sales in print, online or now on our Garage Sale mobile app we have the audience and the tools for them to continue to make Garage Sale-ing fun and profitable for all.”
–Ryan Brosseau, Classified Advertising Manager. Billings Gazette, Billings, MT